Getting worried about how much time it will take to heat the entire water? Of course, it’s depressing when you want to take a 5-minute quick shower and have to wait for 15 minutes before the heater is ready. You have to wait for the entire time the water inside the heater is set at a part temperature. This can be frustrating for cold evenings.
Ever thought about how you can shorten up this span? Here is where a tankless water heater comes in. Even if you pick any random tankless hot water heater, setting it up with the same installation configurations can be a real daunting task.
Most of the people misplace the parts and interchange the pipe that restricts the heater from performing well. But, this won’t happen with you if you get the help of a tankless water heater valve kit.
These are specifically designed to simplify the installations and also give you proper maintenance of water heaters. With the valve kits, you can replace more than 18 fittings and also establish 16 connections.Table could not be displayed.
- Size is 3/4in
- WOG 500
- 4444 series – IPS Union x IPS
- 150 PSI
- 200,000 BTU
- Weight is 3 pounds
- Dimensions are 9 x 4 x 7 inches
- Brass Material
While reviewing, I found that the product is completely lead-free. Thus, it is safe to use and meets all the safety standards for the lead levels in terms of drinking.
The product features an easy 2-step connectivity option. So it took me around 10 minutes to finish the complete installation without any further delay.
The one thing that I liked about the product is the hi-flow hose drain. Because of this, it becomes easy to flush the heater when I try to clean the components.
Apart from this, I found that the Webstone 44443WPR Isolator can reduce the leak paths. So you can always expect a high productivity rate from the heater. The Webstone 44443WPR Isolator includes a warranty on all the parts. Moreover, the response from the manufacturer is fast and you can expect a reply in 48 hours.
The Webstone 44443WPR Isolator includes a wide dimension. This is especially because the product has large valve handles.
The warranty is not valid if you install the product on your own. It needs to be done with help from a professional.
- Weight is 4 pounds
- Dimensions are 13 x 7.8 x 3.5 inches
- Brass material
- Certified frustration-free
- 1-year Manufacturer Warranty
- Size is 3/4-inches
While reviewing, I found that the Noritz IK-WV-200-1-TH-LF has a complete brass furnishing on all the parts. The involvement of brass means that the valve will have a better thermal heating ability.
Since the cost of the Noritz IK-WV-200-1-TH-LF is quite affordable, you can expect the installation charges to be below as well. This allows you to save lots of money.
Apart from this, I found that the product has an inbuilt pressure release valve. So the best part is that you will not require any type of external adapter with the product.
The unit runs completely without electrolysis or impurities problems. The internal components are made up of such materials.
There are some minor complaints that the washer may not function after long use. There may be slow leaks.
I tried to use galvanized pipes with the vale and it turned out to be a waste. The performance with such a pipe never worked in good favor.
- Brass Material is used
- Dimensions are 4.2 x 1 x 5 inches
- Weight is around 3.8 pounds
- Certified frustration-free
- Size is 3/4-inch
The one thing that I liked about the Rheem RTG20220AB Webstone Kit is the complete brass material used. This metal can always assure you about the long life of the kit.
Moreover, the Rheem RTG20220AB Webstone Kit comes with an improved pressure release valve. This valve becomes easy to drain and it is great for your use.
The Rheem RTG20220AB Webstone Kit includes an in-built drain with the product. This allows you to save up the installation costs as you do not have to buy any external drain.
Apart from this, I found that the Rheem RTG20220AB Webstone Kit comes with shut-off and a flush adapter along with it. So this allows you to maintain the product for long.
The one thing that attracted me the most about the Rheem RTG20220AB Webstone Kit is the high rating. Because of the materials and design, the component loss is reduced to null.
The Rheem RTG20220AB Webstone Kit is a bit more expensive than others. The Rheem RTG20220AB Webstone Kit includes a fixed size and may not be able to fit all the heaters.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Tankless Water Heater Service Valve Kit
Just purchasing any random valve kit will never give you a proper advantage with the water heater. In fact, if the fittings and the installation are not done properly, you may face multiple technical issues with the heater.
Since, it is an important part of the installation, keeping a few parameters in mind is always essential for you before you buy a valve kit for your tankless water heater. So here, here are a few parameters that I had to keep in mind while opting for the ideal valve kit. You can just jot them down below to choose the ideal product for you.
- The first thing that you need to ensure is the compatibility of the valve. It is evident that most of the water heaters come with different types of fittings and so you must know if the valve is compatible with the product or not. Takedown a note of the dimensions and the other materials.
- The next factor that you must consider is to meet federal and state standards. This will help you to know all about the safety standards and the requirements set up by the state levels. Make sure that the product you choose must meet all these criteria.
- Another factor that you must keep in mind is the option of installing. Make sure that the product has a universal fitting and it goes on well. So try to make sure that the installation is done perfectly and this will help you to get connected with multiple products.
- Apart from this, you can also look for the warranty available with the product. Having a higher warranty means that you won’t have any problems with the product. If the product has a low warranty, you must ensure that the manufacturer is reliable.
- While purchasing the product, you must keep in mind that the product is from a reliable manufacturer. Opting for such a product will help you a lot when you have some maintenance problem with the valve kit and then you will be able to replace the parts or change anything as required.
- The next factor that you need to keep in mind is the durable product and the body structure is hard. You can check for the materials used. Try to opt for the kit that has an all-metal structure and will help you to get a long life. Materials like brass can also handle the water pressure for long hours.
- Furthermore, another factor that you can consider is the price of the valve kit. If this is the first buy of yours as a valve kit, such factors may seem to be useful for you. But you need to keep in mind that compensating the safety standards for the price will not be the ideal option. So try to choose a budget-friendly product that has all the basic safety standards.
- Another important factor is the pressure release valve. Though the water heater will comprise a separate pressure release valve, it is still important that you buy a valve with the pressure release option. This allows the water to flow smoothly without any deflection of pressure.
- Check for the models that have less connection. This is important if you want to save time and also the cost of installation. If you want to connect the water heater to multiple faucets, you can choose for a bigger model, but this will always affect the time and also the water pressure.
- Apart from this, the product should have the right size to fit well with the hot water heater. Make sure that the dimensions are standard and it also includes front-aligned handles. This will allow you to position the handle well so that you can configure it even if there is a small space available.
- The one thing that you must keep in mind is the option of having an integrated drain valve. This feature is very important because it allows you to flush the tank. So if you want easy maintenance, this feature will help you a lot.
- Having a captive nut along with a proper washer is an added feature that you need to consider. A lot of people do not opt for such and thus they experience component loss during the installation. But with the help of this, the water heater remains completely secure.
If you’re just about to install a new tankless water heater, the service valve kit will be a handy gadget for you. A lot of people make the mistake of not installing the valve kit and then end up making the installation a highly chargeable option.
But not with the valve kit! They are compatible with various types of water heaters and so they can be used widely. Not only for installing the product, but the kit is specifically designed for keeping up the maintenance of the product.
Since there are so many models available in the market today, choosing the best tankless water heater valve kit out of them is indeed a difficult task in hand. But, I’ve managed to chalk out the top 3 products mentioned above. You can simply have a look at ’em. Dropdown your comments below and let me know how you have used them to install the water heater.